The Historical Museum
The Historical Museum is located in the “Central Fire Hall,” a municipal heritage building built in 1912, located on the North Saskatchewan River. The building served the city as its fire hall for 63 years until 1975 when the Society was asked by the Prince Albert City Council to convert the building to a museum. As well as a museum, this building houses the Society's office, our archives, artefact storage and volunteer activities area.
Museum exhibits are located on two floors:
- Main floor: Firehall history, indigenous history
- Second floor: Early kitchen and living room, hospital ward, and other artefacts related to early settler history
- Basement: Dental and pharmaceutical artefacts