Our museums in Prince Albert could not operate without the help of our volunteers. Volunteers help to organize and run museum events throughout the year, archive materials and much more!
Each volunteer is a member of the Prince Albert Historical Society and must be at least 16 years of age. Memberships are $20.00 per calendar year and are available at the Society's office in the Historical Museum or at any museum during the summer opening. You can also purchase a membership through our online gift shop. Join us today!
Membership Benefits include:
- Free admission to all museums for yourself by presenting your membership card for the current year,
- Guest Card: Each member will receive one "Free entry card" that can be used at their discretion,
- 10% discount at the museum gift shop,
- Access to the Bill Smiley Archives,
- Social gatherings and presentations at monthly member meetings,
- Volunteer opportunities such as helping with public events held at the museums, working in the archives, or serving on the Board of Directors,
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting and
- Access to information and opportunities provided by the Saskatchewan Archaeological Society.
Volunteer Benefits include:
- Access to professional development opportunities offered by other organizations such as the Museums Association of Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan Council for Archives and Archivists, or Canadian Conservation Institute,
- Networking opportunities with volunteers from our and other museums,
- Opportunities to share existing skills and develop new skills,
- Free tea/coffee and treats, when available, while volunteering,
- Receiving a free individual membership when annual volunteer hours reach a specified limit.