The Nisbet Church
The Nisbet Church was constructed in 1872 by Reverend James Nisbet and was used as both a church and a school.
We believe it to be second oldest church in Saskatchewan and the oldest school between the Red River and the Foothills of Alberta.
The Nisbet Church was dismantled in June 2018. The buildings which have been underutilized for the past number of years have deteriorated and have become difficult to restore. The salvageable material will be stored until a suitable location and funding are available to have them rebuilt. Every attempt has been made to save the historically relevant parts of the buildings.
In September 2019, the Prince Albert Historical Society started a fundraising campaign to reconstruct the Nisbet Church and Blockhouse on the riverbank near the Historical Museum. More information is available on our Home Page or this information sheet. All donation amounts are welcomed; donations over $20 will receive a tax receipt.
Please consider donating to this project using our GoFundMe page or contact the Historical Society: